Teacher Only: How to Manage Students in "My Stuff" Page
CreatiCode last edited by
In the CreatiCode playground, approved teacher users can view and manage student users, such as reviewing their projects directly.
To act as a teacher user to other users, the teacher account needs to be approved and configured. Please send an email titled “Teacher Account Setup” to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following information:
- Your Full Name
- School/Organization Name
- Your email: The email you will use to log in as the teacher user. Normally it should be an official email from your school or organization, such as “email@example.com”, otherwise please explain why you can’t use an official email.
- Teacher Status Verification: this can be the link to a page on your school/organization’s official website that shows your name or email, or some other official document that verifies you are a teacher at the school
- Student List: the list of student emails that you wish to set as your student users, such as a CSV file or a google sprite sheet. These emails need to be the emails that these students use to log into the CreatiCode playground. You can also specify the class name for each student. Note that the student emails should also come from the same domain as your teacher email, such as “firstname.lastname@example.org”. This serves as an additional safeguard to protect student information.
Once we have verified your teacher status, your account will be configured to be the teacher to these students
As a teacher user, you can visit the “My Stuff” page, and select the “My Students” tab on the bottom left. All your students will be listed on this page:
The table contains 5 columns:
- Number: a sequence number
- Username: the user name of each student
- Class: the class that student belongs to. You can use this field to organize students based on their classes.
- Email: the email for that student
- Premium: whether this student has premium privilege. if your teacher account is premium, then you can click on the “No” button to assign a premium seat to that student, or click on the “Yes” button to reclaim that seat from that student.
Above the student table, there are a few controls you can use:
- Search Box: You can use the student name or class name to filter the student table below.
- Sort By: You can sort the students from A to Z or from Z to A
- Premium Seat Count: You can check how many premium seats are available for you to assign to students, and also the total number of premium seats your account has.
You can click on the user name of any student in the table to open that student’s profile page, which includes a few project lists of that student. You can click “View All” to see all the projects on any of these lists.